All required items will be provided down to taluk level: CM
A meeting of all-party leaders on Sunday witnessed the rare spectacle of the opposition declaring its unconditional support to the government’s efforts to halt the Covid-19 epidemic in the state.
Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa thanked all parties for the suggestions made during the 3-hour meeting and said he was committed to taking everyone into confidence.
The Prime Minister was in constant touch, he said, adding that the Centre would provide full support in supplying personal protection equipment, testing equipment, masks and sanitizers right down to the taluk level.
Restrictions on people’s movement were in place at the state’s borders, he said, adding that the government would take steps to transport, sell and distribute agricultural products and provide sowing, fertilizers and other requirements to farmers.
The chief minister thanked the leaders of the Muslim community for agreeing to do ?namaz? at home and cooperating with the government.
Some of the decisions agreed upon at the all-party meeting:
1. Immediate action will be taken to supply PPE, masks and sanitizers to medical personnel who treat infected cases.
2. Immediate steps will be taken to provide security equipment at the taluk and district level.
3. Medical check-ups of people stranded at the state borders will be arranged and shelter will be provided to them.
4. Steps will be taken to quarantine the sick and transport the healthy to their destinations.
5. Test kits will be distributed in required numbers to district and taluk hospitals.
6. Arrangements will be made to appropriately distribute non-agricultural produce.
8. Arrangements will be made to distribute seed, fertilizer, pesticides, etc.