Home CITY UPDATES 80% of 45+ age group in BBMP West zone have got first...

80% of 45+ age group in BBMP West zone have got first jab: DyCM

25
0

Health staff to follow up vigorously on unvaccinated 20% (1 lakh) of 45+ group in West zone

BENGALURU:

After the initial hiccups, Bengaluru’s civic agency has apparently got its act together and is close to vaccinating the entire 45+ age group in BBMP’s West zone. Addressing the media after a review meeting of the West zone, Deputy Chief Miniser and state Covid task force head Dr CN Ashwath Narayan said on Friday that 80% of 45+ residents in the zone had got their first jab and the remaining 20%, or around 1 lakh people, remain to be vaccinated.

The focus is now on vaccinating the remaining 20% in the 45+ group, and health personnel are making calls and even visiting the houses of these people, the DyCM said.

The West zone comprises Malleswaram, Govindrajanagar, Dasarahalli, Yashwantpur and Chamarajpet assembly constituencies and has a population of 23.72 lakh. Of these, 4,78,836 are in the 45+ age group and 80% of them have received the first dose, he said.

House calls to those left out

BBMP officials have been directed to make house visits and take the help of electoral lists to identify those left out. Among those who have got the first dose, 20% have also received the second shot. With regard to the 18-44 years age group, frontline workers and those who come under the priority category are being inoculated, Narayan said.

In the next stage, the vaccination drive will be taken to the booth level to further speed up the process of vaccination, the DyCM said, adding that there is no shortage of vaccines. People will be intimated about their second dose through SMSes and phone calls, he said.

‘Black Fungus drugs adequate’

Supply of various drugs worth Rs 40 crore to treat mucormycosis (Black Fungus) has begun on Friday. Except for liposomal amphotericin which is in great demand, there is no shortage of other drugs that can be used to treat the fungal infection, Narayan said. Of the 800 suspected cases in the state, 100 cases have been confirmed. The drugs now available are more than sufficient to treat many more of such cases, he said.

Focus on children

To address the issue of shortage of paediatricians in the rural parts of the state, in view of a possible third Covid wave infecting children more, the DyCM said paediatric teleconsultation would be strengthened.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here