Skip to content
The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

Bengaluru’s Leading News Portal

bmc-ad
Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • POLITICS
  • CRIME
  • Delhi
  • Kannada News
  • Hindi News
  • MORE NEWS
    • Supreme Court
    • CITY UPDATES
    • PM
    • SPORTS
    • STATE
    • EDUCATION
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • HEALTH
    • Real Estate
    • SPORTS
    • CORONA
    • MOBILITY/TRANSPORT
    • Horoscope
  • Home
  • STATE
  • Putin warns of nuclear war if West escalates Ukraine conflict
  • STATE

Putin warns of nuclear war if West escalates Ukraine conflict

29 February 2024 4 minutes read
0
📘 Read this story in Kannada

MOSCOW: Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday warned of “tragic consequences” for any Western country that dared to send its troops to fight in Ukraine.

“They have announced the possibility of sending Western military contingents to Ukraine… The consequences for possible interventionists will be much more tragic”, Putin said while delivering his annual address to both houses of the Russian Parliament and other members of the country’s elite in Gostiny Dvor in Moscow, Al Jazeera reported.

The daily reported that Putin’s comments appeared to be a response to French President Emmanuel Macron’s refusal earlier this week to rule out sending troops to Ukraine. The United States, Germany, Britain and others had rejected Macron’s suggestion.

“They should eventually realise that we also have weapons that can hit targets on their territory. Everything that the West comes up with creates the real threat of a conflict with the use of nuclear weapons, and thus the destruction of civilisation,” Putin said, addressing the Federal Assembly, two weeks ahead of presidential elections in the country.

#Putin: Le forze armate RUS hanno acquisito una colossale esperienza di combattimento ed è cresciuta un’intera galassia di comandanti di talento.. Ci sono problemi ma si sta lavorando, le capacità di combattimento delle forze armate RUS sono aumentate esponenzialmente..

– #TASS pic.twitter.com/SVzhecC4bg

— Sasha Bayanov (@Bayanov74) February 29, 2024

Russian state media TASS reported that Putin, in his 19th State of the Nation speech, emphasised that the actions of the US and its satellites have led to the dismantling of the European security system. According to Putin, “this creates risks for everyone”, TASS reported.

Putin added that allegations that Russia plans to deploy nuclear weapons in space were unfounded. “There has recently been an increasing number of unfounded accusations against Russia, alleging that we plan to deploy nuclear weapons in space. Such bogus stories — and they are nothing but bogus stories — are a ploy to drag us into talks on their terms, which only benefit the US”, the president noted as per TASS.

Putin, in his address, said all previous plans to boost Russia’s defence industry had been implemented. “The plans we made in the field of armaments, which I mentioned in the 2018 address, either have been implemented or are nearing completion,” Putin said, according to the state news agency report.

Putin said Russian forces were making effective use of the Kinzhal hypersonic missile system in the special military operation zone to hit critically important targets while trials of the Burevestnik cruise missile and the Poseidon system were in their final stages.

“Hypersonic warheads of intercontinental range Avangard and laser systems Peresvet are on combat duty”, he stated. Avangard is a strategic missile defense complex with an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) equipped with a gliding winged warhead. The system was first mentioned by Putin in March 2018.

The Russian leader said the claims that the country was preparing to attack Europe were “nonsense”. “The West provoked the conflict in Ukraine, in the Middle East, in other regions of the world, and continues to lie. Now, they shamelessly say that Russia allegedly intends to attack Europe. You and I understand that they are talking nonsense,” Putin said, according to Russian state media.

“At the same time, they themselves are choosing targets for strikes on our territory, choosing the most effective, as they think, means of defeat. They are talking about the possibility of sending NATO military contingents to Ukraine”, the Russian leader said, according to TASS.

Politicians in the West sought to weaken Russia from within, just like they did in Ukraine, but they failed, said Putin.
The Russian president noted that his country did not start the war in Ukraine’s Donbas region in 2014 but will do everything to end it and ‘eradicate Nazism’.

“Our units firmly hold the initiative. They are confidently advancing in a number of operational directions, liberating more and more new territories”, Al Jazeera quoted Putin as saying in his annual address. The majority of Russians support Russia’s “special military operation” in Ukraine, Putin claimed according to the English language news channel headquartered in the Middle East. (ANI)

About the Author

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: India’s GDP growth is massive 8.4 pc in Q3; FY24 growth upwardly revised at 7.6 pc
Next: Imran Khan’s PTI-backed independent candidates take oath as Speaker, Deputy Speaker in Pak’s KPK assembly

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned
  • EDUCATION
  • STATE

NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned

The Bengaluru Live 18 August 2026
NTA Overhaul: Over 50 Staff Removed, New Leadership Posts Created After Recent Exam Issues
  • Government
  • EDUCATION
  • STATE

NTA Overhaul: Over 50 Staff Removed, New Leadership Posts Created After Recent Exam Issues

Satya Prakash Chaubey 17 August 2026
Dharwad Mishra Pedha Penalised Over Substandard Motichoor Laddoo; FSSAI Flags Excess Tartrazine
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Bengaluru
  • STATE

Dharwad Mishra Pedha Penalised Over Substandard Motichoor Laddoo; FSSAI Flags Excess Tartrazine

Satya Prakash Chaubey 13 August 2026

Latest Post

KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George

19 August 2026
Karnataka FDA Busts Unlicensed Drug Repacking Unit Near Bidadi, Seizes ₹4.91 Crore Stock HQEaQ_GaAAAWIOr
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • HEALTH

Karnataka FDA Busts Unlicensed Drug Repacking Unit Near Bidadi, Seizes ₹4.91 Crore Stock

19 August 2026
Former Karnataka Education Minister B.C. Nagesh Dies at 65 in Bengaluru Former Karnataka Education Minister B.C. Nagesh Dies at 65 in Bengaluru
  • POLITICS

Former Karnataka Education Minister B.C. Nagesh Dies at 65 in Bengaluru

19 August 2026
Karnataka Postal Circle Provides Doorstep Aadhaar Update Service to 87-Year-Old Woman in Altadi Village Karnataka Postal Circle Provides Doorstep Aadhaar Update Service to 87-Year-Old Woman in Altadi Village
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Karnataka

Karnataka Postal Circle Provides Doorstep Aadhaar Update Service to 87-Year-Old Woman in Altadi Village

19 August 2026
Karnataka Drug Wing Unearths Suspected Spurious Medicines Racket Near Bidadi Toll Gate; Stock Worth Over ₹5 Crore Found Karnataka Drug Wing Unearths Suspected Spurious Medicines Racket Near Bidadi Toll Gate; Stock Worth Over ₹5 Crore Found
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Government
  • HEALTH

Karnataka Drug Wing Unearths Suspected Spurious Medicines Racket Near Bidadi Toll Gate; Stock Worth Over ₹5 Crore Found

18 August 2026
NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned
  • EDUCATION
  • STATE

NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned

18 August 2026

You may have missed

KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George

The Bengaluru Live 19 August 2026
HQEaQ_GaAAAWIOr
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • HEALTH

Karnataka FDA Busts Unlicensed Drug Repacking Unit Near Bidadi, Seizes ₹4.91 Crore Stock

The Bengaluru Live 19 August 2026
Former Karnataka Education Minister B.C. Nagesh Dies at 65 in Bengaluru
  • POLITICS

Former Karnataka Education Minister B.C. Nagesh Dies at 65 in Bengaluru

The Bengaluru Live 19 August 2026
Karnataka Postal Circle Provides Doorstep Aadhaar Update Service to 87-Year-Old Woman in Altadi Village
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Karnataka

Karnataka Postal Circle Provides Doorstep Aadhaar Update Service to 87-Year-Old Woman in Altadi Village

The Bengaluru Live 19 August 2026

About us

The Bengaluru Live is one of the local digital media house which is publishing news in English and in Kannada language. We are also one of the largest local news providers on the internet through our news websites.

Useful Links

  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy

Recent News

  • KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George
  • Karnataka FDA Busts Unlicensed Drug Repacking Unit Near Bidadi, Seizes ₹4.91 Crore Stock
  • Former Karnataka Education Minister B.C. Nagesh Dies at 65 in Bengaluru
  • Karnataka Postal Circle Provides Doorstep Aadhaar Update Service to 87-Year-Old Woman in Altadi Village
©Copyright 2026 The Bengaluru Live All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.