Skip to content
The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

Bengaluru’s Leading News Portal

bmc-ad
Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • POLITICS
  • CRIME
  • Delhi
  • Kannada News
  • Hindi News
  • MORE NEWS
    • Supreme Court
    • CITY UPDATES
    • PM
    • SPORTS
    • STATE
    • EDUCATION
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • HEALTH
    • Real Estate
    • SPORTS
    • CORONA
    • MOBILITY/TRANSPORT
    • Horoscope
  • Home
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Submitted resignation to CM Shinde as he allocates portfolios: Bhujbal
  • CITY UPDATES
  • STATE

Submitted resignation to CM Shinde as he allocates portfolios: Bhujbal

4 February 2024 4 minutes read
0
📘 Read this story in Kannada

Mumbai, Feb 4 (PTI) Maharashtra minister and NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal, who has opposed the reservation to Marathas under the OBC grouping, on Sunday said he had submitted his resignation to Chief Minister Eknath Shinde as he is responsible for the allocation of portfolios.

Notably, Deputy CM Ajit Pawar has not yet reacted to the announcement made by Bhujbal at a rally on Saturday that he resigned on November 16 but kept mum on the advice of the chief minister and the Deputy chief minister.

Deputy CM and BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis has said that Bhujbal’s resignation has not been accepted.

Chief Minister Eknath Shinde will be able to clarify, he told reporters.

Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut on Sunday dubbed Bhujbal’s disclosure about his resignation a ”hogwash” and suggested that the NCP leader and BJP were hand in glove.

The Shiv Sena led by Shinde, BJP, and the NCP (Ajit Pawar faction) are the constituents of the Mahayuti government.

Ajit Pawar and eight MLAs of NCP, including Bhujbal, joined the Shinde government last July.

“A chief minister allocates ministerial portfolios and informs ministers about their responsibilities. It is always the prerogative of a chief minister whom to include in his Cabinet, and accordingly, the state governor is informed,” Bhujbal told reporters in Nashik when asked why he submitted his resignation to Shinde, who belongs to Shiv Sena.

The disclosure by Bhujbal that he had resigned as a minister has put a focus on the Maratha quota tightrope the Eknath Shinde-led government is walking amid restlessness in OBCs, whom the BJP counts as loyal voters.

Taking a swipe, Raut said Bhujbal claims he resigned from the Cabinet last year but he attended subsequent meetings of the council of ministers.

“It is said that Devendra Fadnavis is behind Bhujbal’s outbursts against the handling of the Maratha quota agitation led by (activist) Manoj Jarange. Both are hand in glove. I will resign but you will not accept it or you resign and we will not accept it,” he claimed.

Bhujbal has accused the state government of facilitating “backdoor entry” of the Maratha community into the OBC quota by pandering to the demands made by Jarange.

He has sharpened his attack against the government after it issued a draft notification accepting Jarange’s demand that blood relatives of Marathas with Kunbi (OBC sub-caste) records, will be given the Kunbi certificates.

“I want to tell leaders from the opposition, government, and my party that ahead of the OBC Elgar rally held in Ambad on November 17, I resigned from the cabinet on November 16 and then went to attend that event,” the Food and Civil Supplies Minister said while addressing the rally a day before.

He also said he kept quiet for more than two months because the chief minister and the Dy CM asked him not to speak about the resignation.

Talking to reporters, Fadnavis said, “The chief minister will be able to clarify, but I can only say as of now that Bhujbal’s resignation has not been accepted by the chief minister or me.” Meanwhile, Raut sought to know who has the authority to accept Bhujbal’s resignation – Chief Minister Eknath Shinde or Deputy CM Fadnavis.

It has been a precedent that those who oppose the chief minister or the government have no right to be a part of it, he claimed.

Speaking to reporters at Antarwali Sarati village in Jalna district, Maratha quota leader Manoj Jarange rubbished Bhujbal’s allegations that fake and overwritten records were being used to get the reservation for the Maratha community.

“If he (Bhujbal) wants to resign, he should do it, but should not talk against Maratha reservation,” Jarange added. PTI MR AW ARU GK NSK

About the Author

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: TMC MP Dev resigns from panels of 3 Bengal govt bodies ahead of LS polls
Next: Three of a family drown in Pamba river

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • CRIME

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM

The Bengaluru Live 23 August 2026
Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship

Satya Prakash Chaubey 21 August 2026
Karnataka to Prepare Coastal-Malnad Tourism Policy Draft by September 7: K.J. George
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Government

Karnataka to Prepare Coastal-Malnad Tourism Policy Draft by September 7: K.J. George

The Bengaluru Live 21 August 2026

Latest Post

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • CRIME

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM

23 August 2026
Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages

21 August 2026
Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total Parappana Agrahara Bangalore Central Jail
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • Government

Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total

21 August 2026
Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • POLITICS

Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar

21 August 2026
Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools

21 August 2026
Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship

21 August 2026

You may have missed

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • CRIME

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM

The Bengaluru Live 23 August 2026
Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages

Satya Prakash Chaubey 21 August 2026
Parappana Agrahara Bangalore Central Jail
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • Government

Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total

Satya Prakash Chaubey 21 August 2026
Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • POLITICS

Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar

The Bengaluru Live 21 August 2026

About us

The Bengaluru Live is one of the local digital media house which is publishing news in English and in Kannada language. We are also one of the largest local news providers on the internet through our news websites.

Useful Links

  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy

Recent News

  • Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM
  • Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total
  • Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
©Copyright 2026 The Bengaluru Live All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.