Skip to content
The bengaluru live

The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

It's Your Voice

BWSSB 5
Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • POLITICS
  • STATE
  • CITY UPDATES
  • CRIME
  • SPORTS
  • Supreme Court
  • PM
  • MORE NEWS
    • EDUCATION
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • HEALTH
    • Real Estate
    • SPORTS
    • CORONA
    • MOBILITY/TRANSPORT
    • Horoscope
  • Delhi
  • Home
  • CORONA
  • Remain cautious for 4-6 weeks, follow COVID-19 guidelines to control next wave: Karnataka minister
  • CORONA
  • HEALTH

Remain cautious for 4-6 weeks, follow COVID-19 guidelines to control next wave: Karnataka minister

The Bengaluru Live 5 January 2022 4 minutes read
0
Remain cautious for 4-6 weeks, follow COVID-19 guidelines to control next wave: Karnataka minister

Remain cautious for 4-6 weeks, follow COVID-19 guidelines to control next wave: Karnataka minister

📘 Read this story in Kannada

BENGALURU:

Karnataka Health Minister Dr K Sudhakar on Wednesday said people need to be cautious for the next four to six weeks to control a possible third wave of COVID-19 and the spread of Omicron variant in the state.

The minister called on the people to follow the guidelines and containment measures announced by the government and cooperate with the administration.

”New COVID guidelines have been released after a meeting chaired by the Chief Minister. My appeal to the people is, four to six weeks is crucial. As we have observed worldwide, it is declining in five to six weeks. This wave will not be for too long, like in the first and second wave that was for three to four months,” Sudhakar said.

Speaking to reporters here, he said the latest wave spreads fast and will also decline in the same phase.

”If we remain cautious for at least four to six weeks, we will be able to control it,” he said, adding that there is no need to worry in case of infections.

The Karnataka government on Tuesday decided to impose curfew on weekends and restrict public gatherings to fight the third wave of COVID-19 till January 19.

Also Read: New Karnataka curbs till Jan 19: Night curfew extended; cinema halls, religious places, swimming pools and gyms to operate with 50% capacity  

Also, the daily night curfew from 10 pm to 5 am, which is supposed to end on January 7, will continue for two more weeks.

Noting that the Omicron variant of coronavirus enters the throat through the nose, but entering the lungs is very rare, the minister, who is also a medical professional, said.

This is the reason why the cases requiring oxygen, ventilators, and ICU are very less this time, he added. ”But, its effect may be more on those who have not taken both the doses of COVID vaccination. So, I request people with folded hands to get vaccinated with both doses mandatorily,” Sudhakar said.

Those above 60 years and with comorbidities will be given the third preventive dose of vaccination from January 10 along with health workers and front line COVID warriors, he said adding that ”our fast phase vaccination effort has helped Karnataka to control the large scale spread of the virus.” Speaking about the ongoing vaccination drive for those between the age group of 15-18 years that was rolled out on January 3, Sudhakar said Karnataka is at third place in the country by covering about 25 percent of the age group in the state.

Also Read: Third wave of COVID-19 has begun: Karnataka Health Minister Dr. K Sudhakar

”One in every four children (adolescents) in this age group have been vaccinated so far. It is happening at a fast phase,” he said, adding that the vaccine drive is on track with the government’s target to cover the entire population in the age group within 10 to 15 days.

Covaxin is being administered to adolescents between 15-18 years as per central government guidelines and the second dose will be given after a gap of 28 days.

The minister also sought cooperation from all stakeholders, including opposition parties and organizations, to join hands with the government in containing the spread of the virus.

To a question on Congress organizing the Mekedatu padayatra (march) from January 9 amid the outbreak of cases and the government imposing restrictions, he said, ”People will decide. They are watching everything. We (the government) have not released the guideline without any malice.” ”We are seeing the COVID spread before us. I hope Congress will understand, as they too want to protect the public interest. They too have been in government for long,” Sudhakar added.

Asked if there will be any action on violations, he said, ”Law will take its course.” The Congress is organizing the march from Mekedatu to Bengaluru, covering a distance of over 100 kilometers, demanding the implementation of the Mekedatu project across the Cauvery river, which is being opposed by neighboring Tamil Nadu.

About the Author

The Bengaluru Live

Administrator

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: New Karnataka curbs till Jan 19: Night curfew extended; cinema halls, religious places, swimming pools and gyms to operate with 50% capacity
Next: Karnataka CM calls for BJP workers to actively get involved in COVID management

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

Karnataka to Issue AI Guidelines for Medical Education; SOP and Ethical Framework Under Preparation
  • HEALTH
  • EDUCATION

Karnataka to Issue AI Guidelines for Medical Education; SOP and Ethical Framework Under Preparation

The Bengaluru Live 15 May 2026
H5N1 Avian Influenza Outbreak Confirmed in Hesaraghatta; Containment Measures Underway
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

H5N1 Avian Influenza Outbreak Confirmed in Hesaraghatta; Containment Measures Underway

Satya Prakash Chaubey 17 April 2026
Karnataka Minister Warns Hospital Directors Over Drug Shortages, ICU Gaps and Poor Sanitation
  • HEALTH

Karnataka Minister Warns Hospital Directors Over Drug Shortages, ICU Gaps and Poor Sanitation

Satya Prakash Chaubey 17 April 2026

Latest Post

Bengaluru Central City Corporation Intensifies Removal of Fallen and Dangerous Trees Across City Bengaluru Central City Corporation Intensifies Removal of Fallen and Dangerous Trees Across City
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Bengaluru Central City Corporation Intensifies Removal of Fallen and Dangerous Trees Across City

23 May 2026
World Turtle Day Celebrated at Bannerghatta Biological Park With Conservation Awareness Programmes World Turtle Day Celebrated at Bannerghatta Biological Park With Conservation Awareness Programmes
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Bengaluru

World Turtle Day Celebrated at Bannerghatta Biological Park With Conservation Awareness Programmes

23 May 2026
International Cricket Stadium in Bengaluru Will Be Congress Government’s Major Gift to the City: D.K. Shivakumar International Cricket Stadium in Bengaluru Will Be Congress Government’s Major Gift to the City: D.K. Shivakumar
  • Bengaluru
  • SPORTS

International Cricket Stadium in Bengaluru Will Be Congress Government’s Major Gift to the City: D.K. Shivakumar

23 May 2026
CM Siddaramaiah Lays Foundation Stone for International Cricket Stadium at Suryanagar CM Siddaramaiah Lays Foundation Stone for International Cricket Stadium at Suryanagar
  • Bengaluru
  • SPORTS

CM Siddaramaiah Lays Foundation Stone for International Cricket Stadium at Suryanagar

23 May 2026
Fuel Prices Hiked Again for Third Consecutive Day; Petrol, Diesel Near ₹1/L Increase Fuel Prices Hiked Again for Third Consecutive Day; Petrol, Diesel Near ₹1/L Increase
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Fuel Prices Hiked Again for Third Consecutive Day; Petrol, Diesel Near ₹1/L Increase

23 May 2026
BJP National President Nitin Nabin to Visit Bengaluru on May 23: B.Y. Vijayendra BJP National President Nitin Nabin to Visit Bengaluru on May 23: B.Y. Vijayendra
  • POLITICS

BJP National President Nitin Nabin to Visit Bengaluru on May 23: B.Y. Vijayendra

21 May 2026

You may have missed

Bengaluru Central City Corporation Intensifies Removal of Fallen and Dangerous Trees Across City
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Bengaluru Central City Corporation Intensifies Removal of Fallen and Dangerous Trees Across City

Satya Prakash Chaubey 23 May 2026
World Turtle Day Celebrated at Bannerghatta Biological Park With Conservation Awareness Programmes
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Bengaluru

World Turtle Day Celebrated at Bannerghatta Biological Park With Conservation Awareness Programmes

The Bengaluru Live 23 May 2026
International Cricket Stadium in Bengaluru Will Be Congress Government’s Major Gift to the City: D.K. Shivakumar
  • Bengaluru
  • SPORTS

International Cricket Stadium in Bengaluru Will Be Congress Government’s Major Gift to the City: D.K. Shivakumar

Satya Prakash Chaubey 23 May 2026
CM Siddaramaiah Lays Foundation Stone for International Cricket Stadium at Suryanagar
  • Bengaluru
  • SPORTS

CM Siddaramaiah Lays Foundation Stone for International Cricket Stadium at Suryanagar

Satya Prakash Chaubey 23 May 2026

About us

The Bengaluru Live is one of the local digital media house which is publishing news in English and in Kannada language. We are also one of the largest local news providers on the internet through our news websites.

Useful Links

  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy

Recent News

  • Bengaluru Central City Corporation Intensifies Removal of Fallen and Dangerous Trees Across City
  • World Turtle Day Celebrated at Bannerghatta Biological Park With Conservation Awareness Programmes
  • International Cricket Stadium in Bengaluru Will Be Congress Government’s Major Gift to the City: D.K. Shivakumar
  • CM Siddaramaiah Lays Foundation Stone for International Cricket Stadium at Suryanagar
©Copyright 2025 The Bengaluru Live All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.