Skip to content
The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

Bengaluru’s Leading News Portal

bmc-ad
Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • POLITICS
  • CRIME
  • Delhi
  • Kannada News
  • Hindi News
  • MORE NEWS
    • Supreme Court
    • CITY UPDATES
    • PM
    • SPORTS
    • STATE
    • EDUCATION
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • HEALTH
    • Real Estate
    • SPORTS
    • CORONA
    • MOBILITY/TRANSPORT
    • Horoscope
  • Home
  • STATE
  • PM Modi congratulates Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Trinidad and Tobago election victory
  • STATE

PM Modi congratulates Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Trinidad and Tobago election victory

Atul Chaturvedi 29 April 2025 3 minutes read
0
📘 Read this story in Kannada

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has congratulated Kamla Persad-Bissessar for securing a win in the elections held in Trinidad and Tobago and said that he looked forward to working with her to strengthen the partnership for shared prosperity and the well-being of the people of the two nations.

This win marks the comeback of Persad-Bissesar, 73, who served as the Prime Minister from 2010-2015,

In a post shared on X, PM Modi stated, “Heartiest congratulations @MPKamla on your victory in the elections. We cherish our historically close and familial ties with Trinidad and Tobago. I look forward to working closely with you to further strengthen our partnership for shared prosperity and well-being of our people.”

UNC political leader and Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister-elect Kamla Persad Bissessar secured the win in the 2025 general election. At 10:10 p.m. (local time) on April 28, the United National Congress (UNC) defeated the PNM government, with PNM political leader Keith Rowley stating that if the voting trends held, the PNM would be entering the Opposition with 10 to 12 seats, local newspaper Trinidad and Tobago Newsday reported.

Speaking from her constituency office in Siparia, Kamla Persad-Bissessar urged UNC supporters not to be boastful or arrogant as the vote counting was underway. She said, “We have a lot of work to do, so we are heading up now to (UNC) party headquarters.”

She said the UNC held its 19 seats and flipped several seats previously held by the PNM. However, she did not want to declare any of these flipped seats since counting was still underway. She said TPP had won the two Tobago seats.

A few minutes later, at Balisier House, Rowley, joined by outgoing Prime Minister Stuart Young and PNM deputy political leader Rohan Sinanan, conceded the defeat. He said that, based on the numbers coming into Balisier House, they were heading into the Opposition with 10 or 12 seats.

He said, “Tonight is not a good night for the PNM, but it might be a good night for the people of TT,” Trinidad and Tobago Newsday reported. He stated, “Things have gone very well with the processes, the results are coming in now, but from what we have coming in to Balisier House, it would appear that we have lost the election.”

Conceding defeat in the election, he said, “We are conceding defeat on election night, but tomorrow is another day. We conceded in 1986, we conceded in 1995, and we conceded in 2010, so, in this 70-year-old party, sometimes you win and sometimes you don’t win.”

He said that they had made comeback from one seat and added that “10 to 12 seats don’t count us out,” Trinidad and Tobago Newsdayreported. Rowley called the election results surprising and added that the PNM will start its campaign for the next general election in the next five years. (ANI)

About the Author

Atul Chaturvedi

Administrator

Atul Chaturvedi boasts over 25 years of experience in the media industry, having held positions at esteemed organizations such as Republic TV, Times Network's Mirror Now News Channel, Times of India, Bangalore Mirror, Rajasthan Patrika Hindi newspaper, and Sakal newspaper.

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Jaishankar discusses Pahalgam attack with Greek counterpart, welcomes Greece’s opposition to cross-border terrorism
Next: ‘Even if the storm comes, we say Allahu Akbar’: Father of zipline operator Muzamil

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

Dharwad Mishra Pedha Penalised Over Substandard Motichoor Laddoo; FSSAI Flags Excess Tartrazine
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Bengaluru
  • STATE

Dharwad Mishra Pedha Penalised Over Substandard Motichoor Laddoo; FSSAI Flags Excess Tartrazine

Satya Prakash Chaubey 13 August 2026
Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra CEO Selection Reaches Final Stage; 16 Candidates Interviewed in Ayodhya
  • STATE

Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra CEO Selection Reaches Final Stage; 16 Candidates Interviewed in Ayodhya

Satya Prakash Chaubey 12 August 2026
Tumakuru Proposed as Site for Bengaluru’s Second Airport, Plan Sent to DGCA for Evaluation: G Parameshwara
  • Government
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • STATE

Tumakuru Proposed as Site for Bengaluru’s Second Airport, Plan Sent to DGCA for Evaluation: G Parameshwara

Satya Prakash Chaubey 12 August 2026

Latest Post

Karnataka ST Welfare Minister T. Raghumurthy Orders Time-Bound Execution of Schemes on First Day in Office Karnataka ST Welfare Minister T. Raghumurthy Orders Time-Bound Execution of Schemes on First Day in Office
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Karnataka

Karnataka ST Welfare Minister T. Raghumurthy Orders Time-Bound Execution of Schemes on First Day in Office

17 August 2026
BJP Retains B.L. Santhosh as National General Secretary (Organisation) in Nitin Nabin’s New National Team BJP Retains B.L. Santhosh as National General Secretary (Organisation) in Nitin Nabin’s New National Team
  • POLITICS

BJP Retains B.L. Santhosh as National General Secretary (Organisation) in Nitin Nabin’s New National Team

17 August 2026
Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System

17 August 2026
JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • POLITICS

JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable

17 August 2026
Bengaluru East City Corporation Orders 7-Day Inspection Drive at PGs, Hotels, Restaurants and Hostels Bengaluru East City Corporation Orders 7-Day Inspection Drive at PGs, Hotels, Restaurants and Hostels
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Bengaluru

Bengaluru East City Corporation Orders 7-Day Inspection Drive at PGs, Hotels, Restaurants and Hostels

16 August 2026
Around 20 Tonnes of Waste Cleared After Bengaluru’s ‘Freedom Habba’ at Vidhana Soudha Around 20 Tonnes of Waste Cleared After Bengaluru’s ‘Freedom Habba’ at Vidhana Soudha
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Around 20 Tonnes of Waste Cleared After Bengaluru’s ‘Freedom Habba’ at Vidhana Soudha

16 August 2026

You may have missed

Karnataka ST Welfare Minister T. Raghumurthy Orders Time-Bound Execution of Schemes on First Day in Office
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Karnataka

Karnataka ST Welfare Minister T. Raghumurthy Orders Time-Bound Execution of Schemes on First Day in Office

The Bengaluru Live 17 August 2026
BJP Retains B.L. Santhosh as National General Secretary (Organisation) in Nitin Nabin’s New National Team
  • POLITICS

BJP Retains B.L. Santhosh as National General Secretary (Organisation) in Nitin Nabin’s New National Team

Satya Prakash Chaubey 17 August 2026
Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System

Atul Chaturvedi 17 August 2026
JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • POLITICS

JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable

The Bengaluru Live 17 August 2026

About us

The Bengaluru Live is one of the local digital media house which is publishing news in English and in Kannada language. We are also one of the largest local news providers on the internet through our news websites.

Useful Links

  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy

Recent News

  • Karnataka ST Welfare Minister T. Raghumurthy Orders Time-Bound Execution of Schemes on First Day in Office
  • BJP Retains B.L. Santhosh as National General Secretary (Organisation) in Nitin Nabin’s New National Team
  • Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System
  • JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable
©Copyright 2026 The Bengaluru Live All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.