BDA lists these organisations in newspapers, gives them 15 days to pay up
For the first time, the state government has ‘shamed’ politicians and their organisations for not paying lease rental amounts for the public sites used by them.
The total defaulted amount is Rs 152 crore and the defaulters includes organisations belonging to the majority Vokkaliga community and to BJP politicians like Prabhakar Kore, former MLA Sanjay Patil and Dr. M R Doreswamy.
The State Vokkaliga Sangha, the Karnataka Lingayat Education Society, Gomatesh Vidyapeetha, People Education Society, Oxford English School and such institutions won’t show any leniency to parents when it comes to payment of school and college fees, but apparently have no qualms in defaulting on lease amounts to the tune of crores of rupees.
The Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) has published a list of 34 major defaulters in Friday’s newspapers in Bengaluru. “We have published their names in local newspapers and have served last notices to them to pay the dues,” said a BDA official.
“The defaulted amount is to the tune of Rs 1,52,14,87,699. This includes interest and GST. The BDA has asked these institutions to pay the default amount in the next 15 days or else, as per the BDA rules 1989, sections 10 (3) and 10 (12), the said property along with the buildings thereon will be taken over. Further, the leases will be cancelled,” the official said.
The list of defaulters:
1) State Vokkaliga Sangha: Rs 81,27,63,032 (Banashankari 2nd stage)
2) People Education Society: Rs 15,84,18,633 (Banashankari 1st stage)
3) Gomatesha Vidyapeeth: Rs 14,91,48,729 (Sunkenhalli, Hanumanthnagar)
4) Oxford English School: Rs 4,32,28,911 (Nandini Layout)
5) Dandapani Jnana Mandir: Rs 3,01,67,243 (Rajajinagar 5th Block)
6) Jagadguru Renukacharya School: Rs 2,95,77,517 (Rajajinagar)
7) Cosmopolitan Education Trust: Rs 2,75,96,687 (HSR 2nd sector)
8) Vijaya Bank Employees : Rs 2,59,67,554 (Bilekahalli)
9) Udaya Vidya Kendra: Rs 2,40,55,812 (East of NGEF)
10) Carmel Education Society: Rs 2,16,46,008 (West of Chord Road)
11) Karnataka Engineering Association: Rs 1,82,40,173 (Saneguruvanahalli)
12) The National Association for the Blind: Rs 1,71,06,524 (HAL 3rd stage)
13) GSS College: Rs. 1,62,50,620 (Banashankari 2nd stage)
14) Vidyavardhak Sangh: Rs 1,55,13,404 (West of Chord Road)
15) Vivekanagar Shri Ram Seva Trust: Rs 1,36,12,518 (Vivekanagar)
16) Him Distrubutors: Rs 1,26,28,017 (West of Chord Road)
17) Vijayanagar Education Centre: Rs 1,27,21,322 (RPC Layout)
18) GDA Foundation: Rs 1,25,91,997 (Kengeri)
19) Poonaiah Lalitkala Academy: Rs 1,08,63,089 (Banashankari 3rd stage 3rd phase)
20) Vinayak Devasthanam Samithi: Rs 1,03,15,267 (RT Nagar 2nd Block)
21) Karnataka Punjabi Association: Rs 87,07,452 (East of NGEF)
22) Kasio Education Society: Rs 74,94,960 (Nagarbhavi 2nd stage)
23) Shri Amba Bhavani Seva Sangh: Rs 71,64,925 (Gavipur)
24) Sarvagna Shikana Sanstha: 70,02,897 (MRCR Layout)
25) Banjara Education Society: Rs 68,55,872 (Jnanabharathi 2nd stage)
26) A H Memorial Education society: Rs 34,70,130 (East of NGEF)
27) Maruti Maha Ganapati Seva Sangh: Rs 47,23,288 (Rajajinagar 1st Block)
28) Akhil Karnataka Shri Guru Veershaiv Madiwalar Mahajan Sangh: Rs 36,61,155 (Rajajinagar 5th Block)
29) Shri Jayaram Seva Mandal: Rs 36,09,792 (Jayanagar 8th Block)
30) UT Nasima Sharief Memorial Charitable Trust: Rs 23,71,831 (Banashankari 6th stage 4th Block)
31) Koramangala Residence Association (Club): Rs 22,94,293 (No 17, Koramangala)
32) Karnataka Lingayat Education Society: Rs 13,15,694 (Vishveshwaraiah Layout, 3rd Block)
33) Lord Shri Krishna International Education Trust: Rs 95,224 (Banashankari 3rd Stage)
34) Banashankari Mahila Samaj: Rs 7,023 (Banashankari 2nd Stage)