Skip to content
The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

Bengaluru’s Leading News Portal

bmc-ad
Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • POLITICS
  • CRIME
  • Delhi
  • Kannada News
  • Hindi News
  • MORE NEWS
    • Supreme Court
    • CITY UPDATES
    • PM
    • SPORTS
    • STATE
    • EDUCATION
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • HEALTH
    • Real Estate
    • SPORTS
    • CORONA
    • MOBILITY/TRANSPORT
    • Horoscope
  • Home
  • STATE
  • ‘I accuse guterres, UNRWA of enabling terrorism’: Israeli Foreign Minister
  • STATE

‘I accuse guterres, UNRWA of enabling terrorism’: Israeli Foreign Minister

Atul Chaturvedi 29 April 2025 5 minutes read
0
📘 Read this story in Kannada

TEL AVIV: As legal proceedings at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) resumed on Monday addressing the war against Hamas, Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa’ar condemned the hearing, calling it a “disgraceful” attempt to “politicize and abuse the legal process” aimed at “delegitimizing” Israel.

Briefing reporters in Jerusalem, Sa’ar stressed that Israel would not participate in the hearings in The Hague. “We decided not to cooperate with this circus”, Sa’ar declared.

I accuse.
I accuse UNRWA.
I accuse the UN.
I accuse the Secretary-General.
I accuse all those that weaponize international law and its institutions in order to deprive the most attacked country in the world — Israel — of its most basic right to defend itself. pic.twitter.com/AfdHe7ymj3

— Gideon Sa’ar | גדעון סער (@gidonsaar) April 28, 2025

“It is not Israel that should be on trial but the UN and UNRWA, which has been infiltrated by terrorists.” He accused the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, which coordinates much of Gaza’s humanitarian aid, of employing over 1,400 known terrorists, including Mohammed Abu Itiwi, a Hamas commander who participated in the October 7 massacre. “Abu Itiwi was caught on video participating in the murder and kidnapping of Israelis near Kibbutz Re’im”, Sa’ar said.

Sa’ar also denounced UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, claiming he had failed to act despite repeated Israeli warnings about UNRWA’s ties to terrorism. “He knew what was happening at UNRWA before and after October 7, yet he did nothing to prevent the atrocities”, Sa’ar said. “He continues to whitewash the crimes of UNRWA and its terrorist employees,” Sa’ar said.

Foreign Minister Gideon Sa’ar explains Israel’s refusal to take part in ICJ proceedings against barring aid to Gaza and the decision to ban UNRWA – after evidence of widespread infiltration of terrorists into the organization’s ranks, including those who took part in October 7 pic.twitter.com/vtwbRe38TE

— i24NEWS English (@i24NEWS_EN) April 28, 2025

The ICJ hearings focus on Israel’s obligations to facilitate humanitarian aid for Palestinians in Gaza, following a UN General Assembly request. However, Sa’ar argued that this was the latest in a series of biased actions by the UN and its institutions against Israel, labeling the UN as “rotten, anti-Israel, and anti-Semitic.” He accused the international body of systematically undermining Israel’s right to defend itself, pointing to previous ICJ rulings that targeted Israel’s actions following the October 7 Hamas attack.

“This is the fourth proceeding against Israel in the court since the October 7 massacre,” Sa’ar noted, recounting earlier cases aimed at criminalizing Israeli actions. “First, they spread blood libels accusing Israel of genocide. Then, they attempted to block Israel’s right to acquire arms for self-defense, followed by a ruling against Israel’s historic claim to its land. And now, they want to force us to cooperate with an organization infiltrated by terrorists”.

Sa’ar also highlighted the potential bias in the tribunal, referencing Nawaf Salam, the Lebanese prime minister and former ICJ president, who had previously called Israel an “enemy state.” He questioned the fairness of a judge with such prejudices, asking, “Shouldn’t a biased judge disqualify himself?”

The UNRWA has been under fire with Israeli officials demanding the agency be stripped of its authority in Gaza and defunded amid revelations that members of the agency’s staff participated in Hamas’s October 7 attacks. Palestinian refugees are the only refugee population with its own dedicated UN agency. The rest of the world’s refugees fall under the mandate of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.

In early January, UN Watch, a Geneva-based watchdog organization, accused UNRWA of having an “unholy alliance” with Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Its 55-page report accused Philippe Lazzarini, UNRWA’s Commissioner-General, and his colleagues of enabling infiltration by Hamas and other terror groups.

According to the report, over 10 per cent of UNRWA’s senior educators in Gaza are members of Hamas or Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Israeli authorities have also alleged that hundreds of UNRWA’s 13,000 Gazan employees, including teachers, are active members of Hamas. It also found that the terror groups influenced UNRWA policies, indoctrinated Palestinian children through agency schools, and established military infrastructure near UNRWA’s Gaza facilities.

More than 100 survivors of Hamas’s October 7 attacks filed a $1 billion lawsuit against UNRWA in June, accusing the agency of “aiding and abetting” the terror group. According to the suit, the lead plaintiff, 84-year-old Ditza Heiman of Kibbutz Nir Oz, was held captive for seven weeks in the home of a Palestinian man who said he was a UNRWA teacher at a boy’s school. The suit also alleges that UNRWA enacted an employee payment scheme to benefit Hamas in violation of UN protocols.

At least 1,180 people were killed, and 252 Israelis and foreigners were taken hostage in Hamas’s attacks on Israeli communities near the Gaza border on October 7. Of the 59 remaining hostages, 36 are believed to be dead. (ANI/TPS)

About the Author

Atul Chaturvedi

Administrator

Atul Chaturvedi boasts over 25 years of experience in the media industry, having held positions at esteemed organizations such as Republic TV, Times Network's Mirror Now News Channel, Times of India, Bangalore Mirror, Rajasthan Patrika Hindi newspaper, and Sakal newspaper.

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Pawan Kalyan condemns Pahalgam attack, slams Bilawal Bhutto’s ‘Blood Will Flow’ remark
Next: Gold demand remains strong this Akshaya Tritiya as high returns attract buyers; experts caution price pullback likely

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

Dharwad Mishra Pedha Penalised Over Substandard Motichoor Laddoo; FSSAI Flags Excess Tartrazine
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Bengaluru
  • STATE

Dharwad Mishra Pedha Penalised Over Substandard Motichoor Laddoo; FSSAI Flags Excess Tartrazine

Satya Prakash Chaubey 13 August 2026
Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra CEO Selection Reaches Final Stage; 16 Candidates Interviewed in Ayodhya
  • STATE

Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra CEO Selection Reaches Final Stage; 16 Candidates Interviewed in Ayodhya

Satya Prakash Chaubey 12 August 2026
Tumakuru Proposed as Site for Bengaluru’s Second Airport, Plan Sent to DGCA for Evaluation: G Parameshwara
  • Government
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • STATE

Tumakuru Proposed as Site for Bengaluru’s Second Airport, Plan Sent to DGCA for Evaluation: G Parameshwara

Satya Prakash Chaubey 12 August 2026

Latest Post

Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System

17 August 2026
JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • POLITICS

JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable

17 August 2026
Bengaluru East City Corporation Orders 7-Day Inspection Drive at PGs, Hotels, Restaurants and Hostels Bengaluru East City Corporation Orders 7-Day Inspection Drive at PGs, Hotels, Restaurants and Hostels
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Bengaluru

Bengaluru East City Corporation Orders 7-Day Inspection Drive at PGs, Hotels, Restaurants and Hostels

16 August 2026
Around 20 Tonnes of Waste Cleared After Bengaluru’s ‘Freedom Habba’ at Vidhana Soudha Around 20 Tonnes of Waste Cleared After Bengaluru’s ‘Freedom Habba’ at Vidhana Soudha
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Around 20 Tonnes of Waste Cleared After Bengaluru’s ‘Freedom Habba’ at Vidhana Soudha

16 August 2026
H D Kumaraswamy Seeks Cancellation of NICE Framework Agreement, Flags Land and Toll Road Violations in BMICP H D Kumaraswamy Seeks Cancellation of NICE Framework Agreement, Flags Land and Toll Road Violations in BMICP
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • POLITICS

H D Kumaraswamy Seeks Cancellation of NICE Framework Agreement, Flags Land and Toll Road Violations in BMICP

16 August 2026
Bengaluru Police Commissionerate to Be Split Into Five Units, Traffic Coordination to Be Strengthened: D.K. Shivakumar Bengaluru Police Commissionerate to Be Split Into Five Units, Traffic Coordination to Be Strengthened: D.K. Shivakumar
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Bengaluru Police Commissionerate to Be Split Into Five Units, Traffic Coordination to Be Strengthened: D.K. Shivakumar

15 August 2026

You may have missed

Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System

Atul Chaturvedi 17 August 2026
JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • POLITICS

JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable

The Bengaluru Live 17 August 2026
Bengaluru East City Corporation Orders 7-Day Inspection Drive at PGs, Hotels, Restaurants and Hostels
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Bengaluru

Bengaluru East City Corporation Orders 7-Day Inspection Drive at PGs, Hotels, Restaurants and Hostels

The Bengaluru Live 16 August 2026
Around 20 Tonnes of Waste Cleared After Bengaluru’s ‘Freedom Habba’ at Vidhana Soudha
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Around 20 Tonnes of Waste Cleared After Bengaluru’s ‘Freedom Habba’ at Vidhana Soudha

The Bengaluru Live 16 August 2026

About us

The Bengaluru Live is one of the local digital media house which is publishing news in English and in Kannada language. We are also one of the largest local news providers on the internet through our news websites.

Useful Links

  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy

Recent News

  • Scan a QR Code to Flag Unsafe Food, Expired Drugs: Karnataka Launches Digital Complaint System
  • JD(S) Leader Gottigere Manjanna Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Bengaluru Traffic Constable
  • Bengaluru East City Corporation Orders 7-Day Inspection Drive at PGs, Hotels, Restaurants and Hostels
  • Around 20 Tonnes of Waste Cleared After Bengaluru’s ‘Freedom Habba’ at Vidhana Soudha
©Copyright 2026 The Bengaluru Live All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.