Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa held a review meeting of all deputy commissioner’s on Coronavirus on Monday through video conferences.
The Chief Minister suggested measures to tackle and avoid spreading the deadly disease. “For the first time, shutdown has been declared for a week. People are also cooperating with us and we will take a further decision after one week,” CM added.
Highlights of the Video Conference
1. It is instructed to adhere to the guidelines/orders issued by the Government until the said period and also to monitor whether it is being followed
2. Entry is prohibited to tourists in Mandya, Mysuru, Vijayapura, Ballary, Koppal and Kodagu districts.
3. It has been instructed to keep Home stays under scrutiny
4. Foreign tourists and people who have returned from foreign tours are screened thoroughly
5. It is instructed to conduct District level Task Force meetings on a daily basis and take stock of the situation.
6. It has been directed to seek cooperation from private Medical Colleges in districts where there is no Government Medical College
7. It has been instructed to establish Help Desks in Railway Stations, Bus Stands and Check posts at the border areas of the State.
8. Since people visit the temples in large numbers all shanties and Jathras have been prohibited. It is instructed to take precautionary measures.
9. Instructions have been given to avail medicines from Karnataka Drugs Logistics Company
10. Screenings are being undertaken at Railway Stations and Bus Stands
11. There is demand to supply additional ventilators to Bidar and Vijayapura districts. We are taking measures to supply the same. Additional Laboratories will be established in Mangaluru and Kalburgi districts as per the guidelines issued by the Central Government.
12. Super markets have been permitted to open doors to facilitate purchase of essential commodities
13. Officials have been directed to make sure that the public are not put to unnecessary difficulty while taking precautionary measures.
14. Suspected cases of COVID -19 are to be treated at the district level.
15. It has been directed to create additional facilities at Bengaluru
16. It has been instructed to ensure cleanliness and supply of safe drinking water to the people.