Tigress Anushka and lioness Sana gave birth recently to 2 female cubs each
BBP welcomes adoption and naming of new zoo ‘residents’ by interested citizens
The Bannerghatta Biological Park recently welcomed four new additions to its crowd-pulling residents, with tigress Anushka and lioness Sana giving birth to two female cubs each. The four cubs are healthy and doing well.
According to the BBP authorities, citizens can adopt the cubs by contributing towards their feed and veterinary care. In addition to adoption, people can also name their adopted animals by providing an additional 25% of the adoption fee.
Some of the young ones adopted and named through this programme include lions ‘G Krishna’, ‘Sheryar’, ‘Vijayanarasimha’ and ‘Pushpa’.
In financial year 2020-21, 230 adopters contributed a total of Rs 56.82 lakh towards the Animal Adoption Programme by adopting 299 animals.
Recently CDYMAX (India) Pharma Pvt Ltd, Jigani adopted seven Asian elephants and also donated a Bolero jeep for the safari under its CSR programme.
Adoption and Naming will be done on a first-come, first-served basis. Those interested in adopting and naming any of the BBP animals can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take your pick!
Some of the zoo residents that are available for adoption include:
• Tigress Anushka and her two female cubs born on Feb 12, 2021
• Lioness Sana and her two female cubs born on January 15, 2021
• Elephant Veda’s female calf born on January 13, 2021
• Zebra Kaveri’s female foal born on September 27, 2020
• Hippopotamus Dashya and her male calf born on July 27, 2020
• Lioness Saniya and her two female cubs born on March 22, 2020
• Spectacled Langur Reshmi and her female infant born on March 16, 2020
• Hanuman Langur Adithi and her infant born on February 22, 2020
• Grey Wolf Akira and her three male pups and one female pup born on February 3, 2020
• Giraffe Gowri, aged about 5 years
• Rescued male leopard aged about 5 years
• Rescued female leopard aged about 4 years
According to the BBP authorities, so far this year Rs 34,000 has been contributed by 8 adopters towards the adoption of 13 animals.