List: Bengaluru Urban, Bengaluru Rural, Mysuru, Mangaluru, Kodagu, Chikkaballapur, Kalaburagi, Dharwad, Belagavi
To control the spread of Covid-19, the Karnataka administration on the directions of the Centre has locked down 9 districts in the state, including Bengaluru Urban and and Bengaluru Rural.
The other districts are Mysuru, Mangaluru, Kodagu, Chikkaballapur, Kalaburagi, Dharwad and Belagavi.
Home minister Basavaraj Bommai revealed the information after a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa decided to lock down these 9 districts on directions from the Centre.
Bommai said no public transportation in Karnataka will be available on Monday, while no A/C buses or metro trains will operate till March 31. However, private taxis will be allowed to operate in the city.
ONLY VITAL SERVICES OPEN
Among the other emergency decisions taken are:
1. Review of the current state of affairs and taking subsequent decisions.
2. The Janata curfew will end at 9 pm (on Sunday, March 22) but Section 144 has been implemented from 9 am to 12 pm.
3. All commercial activities, except for medical, pharmaceutical, groceries and agriculture, will be shut down in the 9 notified districts.
4. Industries in these 9 locked-down districts should have their staff work in two different shifts.
5. The inter-district transportation system in these 9 districts will be shut down until March 31.
Listen to Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai in a clip…