Skip to content
The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

Bengaluru’s Leading News Portal

bmc-ad
Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • POLITICS
  • CRIME
  • Delhi
  • Kannada News
  • Hindi News
  • MORE NEWS
    • Supreme Court
    • CITY UPDATES
    • PM
    • SPORTS
    • STATE
    • EDUCATION
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • HEALTH
    • Real Estate
    • SPORTS
    • CORONA
    • MOBILITY/TRANSPORT
    • Horoscope
  • Home
  • STATE
  • US declassifies 80,000 pages of JFK assassination records following Trump’s order
  • STATE

US declassifies 80,000 pages of JFK assassination records following Trump’s order

Atul Chaturvedi 19 March 2025 3 minutes read
0
📘 Read this story in Kannada

WASHINGTON: The US government has released approximately 80,000 pages of previously classified records related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, following an executive order by President Donald J Trump. The records were made available on Tuesday without redactions, said an official statement from the Office of the Director National Intelligence.

Trump had previously highlighted the need for transparency, stating that “the continued redaction and withholding of information from records pertaining to the assassination of JFK is not consistent with the public interest and the release of these records is long overdue.” His Executive Order 14176 directed that all remaining records be fully released, as per the statement.

Upon receiving the President’s decision, Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Tulsi Gabbard sent a directive across the Intelligence Community (IC) instructing agencies to provide “all unredacted records within the President John F Kennedy Assassination Records Collection to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) for immediate release.”

President Trump is ushering in a new era of maximum transparency. Today, per his direction, previously redacted JFK Assassination Files are being released to the public with no redactions. Promises made, promises kept. https://t.co/UnG1vkgxjX pic.twitter.com/XBbkQfz4Bx

— DNI Tulsi Gabbard (@DNIGabbard) March 18, 2025

The records are now accessible online at archives.gov/jfk and in person at the National Archives at College Park, MD. Some documents, currently only available for in-person viewing, are being digitized and will be uploaded in the coming days. “DNI Gabbard will post updates on X (@DNIGabbard) and Truth Social (@DNITulsiGabbard) as the files are released,” the statement added. The White House website will also host the files.

According to the release, “This release consists of approximately 80,000 pages of previously-classified records that will be published with no redactions. Additional documents withheld under court seal or for grand jury secrecy, and records subject to section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code, must be unsealed before release”.

The National Archives is working with the Department of Justice to expedite the unsealing of these records. “Grand juries from many years ago have already seen them, so most of this information is already out, but regardless of this, this information will be immediately released upon the direction of the Court”, the statement said.

The release also includes key documents, such as the unredacted text of a June 1961 memo on the CIA, sent to President Kennedy by aide Arthur Schlesinger Jr. This memo, which had previously contained heavy redactions, contained sharp criticism of the CIA’s role in U.S. foreign policy.

Additionally, the government has released 14 documents related to the 1968 assassination of Dr Martin Luther King Jr, totaling about 1,050 pages. The release follows decades of secrecy. In 1992, Congress had mandated that all JFK assassination records be declassified by 2017. However, both Trump and President Joe Biden delayed full disclosure due to national security concerns.

Tuesday’s release is part of an effort to provide “maximum transparency and a commitment to rebuild the trust of the American people in the Intelligence Community (IC) and federal agencies”. (ANI)

About the Author

Atul Chaturvedi

Administrator

Atul Chaturvedi boasts over 25 years of experience in the media industry, having held positions at esteemed organizations such as Republic TV, Times Network's Mirror Now News Channel, Times of India, Bangalore Mirror, Rajasthan Patrika Hindi newspaper, and Sakal newspaper.

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: ‘We’ve built strong mix of youth & experience and goal is to win trophy’: Ponting, Iyer
Next: Zelenskyy warns of Russian troop buildup, says Ukrainian forces will remain in Kursk ‘as long as needed’

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

Karnataka Apartment Bill Proposes One Association Per Project, 75% Consent Rule for Redevelopment
  • STATE
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Karnataka Apartment Bill Proposes One Association Per Project, 75% Consent Rule for Redevelopment

Atul Chaturvedi 21 August 2026
NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned
  • EDUCATION
  • STATE

NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned

The Bengaluru Live 18 August 2026
NTA Overhaul: Over 50 Staff Removed, New Leadership Posts Created After Recent Exam Issues
  • Government
  • EDUCATION
  • STATE

NTA Overhaul: Over 50 Staff Removed, New Leadership Posts Created After Recent Exam Issues

Satya Prakash Chaubey 17 August 2026

Latest Post

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • CRIME

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM

23 August 2026
Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages

21 August 2026
Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total Parappana Agrahara Bangalore Central Jail
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • Government

Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total

21 August 2026
Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • POLITICS

Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar

21 August 2026
Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools

21 August 2026
Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship

21 August 2026

You may have missed

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • CRIME

Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM

The Bengaluru Live 23 August 2026
Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages

Satya Prakash Chaubey 21 August 2026
Parappana Agrahara Bangalore Central Jail
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • Government

Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total

Satya Prakash Chaubey 21 August 2026
Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • POLITICS

Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar

The Bengaluru Live 21 August 2026

About us

The Bengaluru Live is one of the local digital media house which is publishing news in English and in Kannada language. We are also one of the largest local news providers on the internet through our news websites.

Useful Links

  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy

Recent News

  • Hoskote Police Move to Stop 4 AM Biryani Service, Direct Hotels to Open at 6 AM
  • Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total
  • Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
©Copyright 2026 The Bengaluru Live All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.