Skip to content
The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

Bengaluru’s Leading News Portal

bmc-ad
Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • POLITICS
  • CRIME
  • Delhi
  • Kannada News
  • Hindi News
  • MORE NEWS
    • Supreme Court
    • CITY UPDATES
    • PM
    • SPORTS
    • STATE
    • EDUCATION
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • HEALTH
    • Real Estate
    • SPORTS
    • CORONA
    • MOBILITY/TRANSPORT
    • Horoscope
  • Home
  • STATE
  • ‘They should be shot down’: Widow of Pahalgam terror attack victim recounts ordeal, demands action
  • STATE

‘They should be shot down’: Widow of Pahalgam terror attack victim recounts ordeal, demands action

Atul Chaturvedi 25 April 2025 4 minutes read
0
📘 Read this story in Kannada

INDORE (Madhya Pradesh): The wife of Sushil Nathaniel, a 55-year-old Indore resident who was killed in the recent Pahalgam terror attack, has shared the terrifying details of the incident.

Jennifer Nathaniel recounted how her husband was shot dead by terrorists after being asked to recite the Kalma, which he refused, stating he was a Christian.

She demanded that the attackers be punished severely, saying, “They should be shot down.” She said that the punishment should fit the crime, given the brazen nature of the attack.

On April 19, Jennifer, her husband Sushil, a branch manager for LIC and their children, Akanksha and Austin, visited the scenic Pahalgam valley in Jammu and Kashmir. As they were leaving the site, Sushil went to use the washroom with Jennifer. Suddenly, they heard gunfire and saw that a man had been shot. The attackers were firing indiscriminately, and people were hiding everywhere.

Speaking to reporters, Sushil’s wife, Jennifer, recounted the incident: “I went to the site with my husband and son. As we were about to leave, my husband said he needed to use the washroom. My son was heading towards the gate while my husband and I went towards the washroom. After he finished, I asked him to move, and that’s when he heard a sound. We initially thought the ropeway had broken, but then we heard gunfire. We saw that a man had been shot, and a woman was crying nearby.”

#WATCH | Indore | Jennifer, wife of Sushil Nathaniel, says, “We were about to return from there when my husband told me he needed to use the washroom… When he came out of the washroom, suddenly a loud sound came and we thought it was of ropeway breakage but when we turned… https://t.co/4tpjGpjoXQ pic.twitter.com/wzOzeD8ZbT

— ANI (@ANI) April 24, 2025

After that, the terrorists started firing indiscriminately. Jennifer and her husband hid behind the washroom. The woman said there was wire fencing near the washroom, and it had a little space, from where 27-28 people managed to come out and started running.

As they tried to escape, two terrorists spotted them and started following. Sushil tried to warn their son but was surrounded by the attackers. He pushed Jennifer into the bushes, and the terrorists asked him to recite the Kalma. When Sushil refused, stating he was a Christian, they shot him.

“As we were escaping, two people who had killed the man saw us and started following us. My husband tried to shout to warn our son, but he couldn’t reach him. The attackers surrounded my husband, and he pushed me into the bushes. After that, they asked my husband to recite the Kalma. He replied that he was a Christian and didn’t know it, and that’s when they shot him,” she added.

Jennifer was rescued by security personnel, who were carrying her in a vehicle. When the driver received a call informing him of Sushil’s death, Jennifer was devastated and nearly fell out of the vehicle. In a bid to save her, her daughter Akanksha fell down and sustained injuries.

Speaking about the injury of her daughter, the woman said, “The personnel who rescued me were carrying me in a vehicle when the driver received a call informing him that my husband had been shot dead. Upon hearing this, I was completely shattered and nearly fell out of the vehicle. In that moment, my daughter tried to save me and fell down, sustaining injuries.”

Jennifer also highlighted the need for better security measures at tourist sites, questioning the lack of security presence at the incident site.
Terrorists attacked tourists at Baisaran meadow in Pahalgam on Tuesday, killing 25 Indian nationals and one Nepali citizen while leaving several others injured, in one of the deadliest attacks in the valley since the 2019 Pulwama strike in which 40 CRPF jawans were killed. (ANI)

About the Author

Atul Chaturvedi

Administrator

Atul Chaturvedi boasts over 25 years of experience in the media industry, having held positions at esteemed organizations such as Republic TV, Times Network's Mirror Now News Channel, Times of India, Bangalore Mirror, Rajasthan Patrika Hindi newspaper, and Sakal newspaper.

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Road rage victim’s family demands action against IAF wing commander
Next: FIR filed against Karnataka BJP IT Cell over post on Rahul Gandhi

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned
  • EDUCATION
  • STATE

NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned

The Bengaluru Live 18 August 2026
NTA Overhaul: Over 50 Staff Removed, New Leadership Posts Created After Recent Exam Issues
  • Government
  • EDUCATION
  • STATE

NTA Overhaul: Over 50 Staff Removed, New Leadership Posts Created After Recent Exam Issues

Satya Prakash Chaubey 17 August 2026
Dharwad Mishra Pedha Penalised Over Substandard Motichoor Laddoo; FSSAI Flags Excess Tartrazine
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Bengaluru
  • STATE

Dharwad Mishra Pedha Penalised Over Substandard Motichoor Laddoo; FSSAI Flags Excess Tartrazine

Satya Prakash Chaubey 13 August 2026

Latest Post

Karnataka Minister Madhu Bangarappa Assures Support for Higher Minimum Wages for Midday Meal Workers Karnataka Minister Madhu Bangarappa Assures Support for Higher Minimum Wages for Midday Meal Workers
  • Government
  • Bengaluru
  • EDUCATION

Karnataka Minister Madhu Bangarappa Assures Support for Higher Minimum Wages for Midday Meal Workers

20 August 2026
Udupi Food Safety Officials Seize 10,890 Kg Bananas Allegedly Ripened Using Chemicals, Stock Worth ₹8.71 Lakh Udupi Food Safety Officials Seize 10,890 Kg Bananas Allegedly Ripened Using Chemicals, Stock Worth ₹8.71 Lakh
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Udupi Food Safety Officials Seize 10,890 Kg Bananas Allegedly Ripened Using Chemicals, Stock Worth ₹8.71 Lakh

20 August 2026
Karnataka Forms SIT to Probe Bidadi Drug Repacking Case, Related Cases Across State
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Karnataka Forms SIT to Probe Bidadi Drug Repacking Case, Related Cases Across State

20 August 2026
KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George

19 August 2026
Karnataka FDA Busts Unlicensed Drug Repacking Unit Near Bidadi, Seizes ₹4.91 Crore Stock HQEaQ_GaAAAWIOr
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • HEALTH

Karnataka FDA Busts Unlicensed Drug Repacking Unit Near Bidadi, Seizes ₹4.91 Crore Stock

19 August 2026
Former Karnataka Education Minister B.C. Nagesh Dies at 65 in Bengaluru Former Karnataka Education Minister B.C. Nagesh Dies at 65 in Bengaluru
  • POLITICS

Former Karnataka Education Minister B.C. Nagesh Dies at 65 in Bengaluru

19 August 2026

You may have missed

Karnataka Minister Madhu Bangarappa Assures Support for Higher Minimum Wages for Midday Meal Workers
  • Government
  • Bengaluru
  • EDUCATION

Karnataka Minister Madhu Bangarappa Assures Support for Higher Minimum Wages for Midday Meal Workers

The Bengaluru Live 20 August 2026
Udupi Food Safety Officials Seize 10,890 Kg Bananas Allegedly Ripened Using Chemicals, Stock Worth ₹8.71 Lakh
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Udupi Food Safety Officials Seize 10,890 Kg Bananas Allegedly Ripened Using Chemicals, Stock Worth ₹8.71 Lakh

The Bengaluru Live 20 August 2026
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Karnataka Forms SIT to Probe Bidadi Drug Repacking Case, Related Cases Across State

The Bengaluru Live 20 August 2026
KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George

The Bengaluru Live 19 August 2026

About us

The Bengaluru Live is one of the local digital media house which is publishing news in English and in Kannada language. We are also one of the largest local news providers on the internet through our news websites.

Useful Links

  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy

Recent News

  • Karnataka Minister Madhu Bangarappa Assures Support for Higher Minimum Wages for Midday Meal Workers
  • Udupi Food Safety Officials Seize 10,890 Kg Bananas Allegedly Ripened Using Chemicals, Stock Worth ₹8.71 Lakh
  • Karnataka Forms SIT to Probe Bidadi Drug Repacking Case, Related Cases Across State
  • KSTDC Mayura Hotel at Bal Bhavan to Get ₹2 Crore Upgrade; Bengaluru Government Museum Renovation in Six Months: K.J. George
©Copyright 2026 The Bengaluru Live All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.