Skip to content
The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

Bengaluru’s Leading News Portal

bmc-ad
Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • POLITICS
  • CRIME
  • Delhi
  • Kannada News
  • Hindi News
  • MORE NEWS
    • Supreme Court
    • CITY UPDATES
    • PM
    • SPORTS
    • STATE
    • EDUCATION
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • HEALTH
    • Real Estate
    • SPORTS
    • CORONA
    • MOBILITY/TRANSPORT
    • Horoscope
  • Home
  • STATE
  • Pakistan: Seven soldiers killed in terror attack on security forces in North Waziristan
  • STATE

Pakistan: Seven soldiers killed in terror attack on security forces in North Waziristan

17 March 2024 3 minutes read
0
📘 Read this story in Kannada

ISLAMABAD (Pakistan) : Seven soldiers, including two officers, were killed in a terror attack on a security forces post in the Mir Ali area of Pakistan’s North Waziristan district, Dawn reported, citing the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

Six terrorists were killed in the subsequent clearance operation. According to the military’s media affairs wing, a group of six terrorists attacked a security forces’ post in the general area of North Waziristan’s Mir Ali in the early hours of Saturday.

In an official statement, the ISPR said the terrorists rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into the post followed by multiple suicide bombing attacks after the Pakistani troops foiled the initial attempt of intrusion.

Further, according to the ISPR, five soldiers lost their lives in the subsequent gunfight with the forces and a portion of a building collapsed.

The soldiers killed in the initial attack were identified as Havildar Sabir, Naik Khurshid, Sepoy Nasir, Sepoy Raja and Sepoy Sajjad, Dawn reported.

“During the conduct of the ensuing clearance operation, own troops led by Lieutenant Colonel Kashif, effectively engaged and killed all six terrorists,” the ISPR said.

It added that Lieutenant Colonel Syed Kashif Ali (39) and Captain Muhammad Ahmed Badar (23) were killed during the exchange of fire. Further, according to ISPR, a sanitisation operation was carried out to eliminate any other terrorists present in the area.

Meanwhile, Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and President Asif Ali Zardari condemned the attack.

Condemning the terror attack in Mir Ali, Zardari also offered condolences to the bereaved families. He expressed Pakistan’s commitment to eradicate terrorism, Dawn reported.

Calling the attack a ‘cowardly move’ by the terrorists, PM Sharif said in a release by his office, “The security forces have foiled the sinister designs of the terrorists.” He prayed for the departed souls while offering condolences to the families of the victims.

Pakistan witnessed a rise in terrorist activities in 2023, particularly in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, after the ceasefire ended between outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and the Pakistan government in November 2022.

The country has witnessed 1,524 violence-related fatalities and 1,463 injuries from 789 terror attacks and counter-terror operations in 2023, Dawn reported, citing annual security report issued by the Centre for Research and Security Studies.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan were the primary centres of violence, reporting over 90 per cent of all fatalities and 84 per cent of attacks, including incidents of terrorism and operations by security forces.

Earlier this month, 10 terrorists were killed by Pakistani security forces in separate operations in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s North Waziristan district, Dawn reported, quoting the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR). The operations took place over two days–March 8-9, according to the media wing of the Pakistan army.

On March 10, the ISPR, in a press release, stated that four terrorists were killed during an intelligence-based operation (IBO). Later, four more terrorists were ‘successfully neutralised’ during the follow-up sanitisation operation by the security forces, Dawn reported, citing the release.

Meanwhile, in a separate operation in the district, the ISPR said it identified five terrorists, who were trying to infiltrate the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. “After an intense fire exchange, two terrorists–Hazrat Umer and Rehman Niaz–were also sent to hell while three others were injured,” it added. (ANI)

About the Author

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Siddhu Moosewala’s parents welcomes baby boy
Next: Trump ‘wants another January 6,’ says Biden campaign spokesperson after former president’s ‘bloodbath’ statement

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

Karnataka Apartment Bill Proposes One Association Per Project, 75% Consent Rule for Redevelopment
  • STATE
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Karnataka Apartment Bill Proposes One Association Per Project, 75% Consent Rule for Redevelopment

Atul Chaturvedi 21 August 2026
NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned
  • EDUCATION
  • STATE

NTA Revamps Examination Team, Removes 600 Experts; Four-Tier Question Paper Checks Planned

The Bengaluru Live 18 August 2026
NTA Overhaul: Over 50 Staff Removed, New Leadership Posts Created After Recent Exam Issues
  • Government
  • EDUCATION
  • STATE

NTA Overhaul: Over 50 Staff Removed, New Leadership Posts Created After Recent Exam Issues

Satya Prakash Chaubey 17 August 2026

Latest Post

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages

21 August 2026
Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total Parappana Agrahara Bangalore Central Jail
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • Government

Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total

21 August 2026
Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • POLITICS

Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar

21 August 2026
Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools

21 August 2026
Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES

Varamahalakshmi Festival Celebrated Across Bengaluru; Temples, Homes Decked Up for Special Worship

21 August 2026
Congress Stages Protest at Vidhana Soudha, Accuses BJP of Disrupting Karnataka Legislature Proceedings Congress Stages Protest at Vidhana Soudha, Accuses BJP of Disrupting Karnataka Legislature Proceedings
  • POLITICS

Congress Stages Protest at Vidhana Soudha, Accuses BJP of Disrupting Karnataka Legislature Proceedings

21 August 2026

You may have missed

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages

Satya Prakash Chaubey 21 August 2026
Parappana Agrahara Bangalore Central Jail
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • Government

Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total

Satya Prakash Chaubey 21 August 2026
Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • POLITICS

Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar

The Bengaluru Live 21 August 2026
Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools

The Bengaluru Live 21 August 2026

About us

The Bengaluru Live is one of the local digital media house which is publishing news in English and in Kannada language. We are also one of the largest local news providers on the internet through our news websites.

Useful Links

  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy

Recent News

  • Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Karnataka Cabinet Clears Premature Release of 28 Life Convicts on Good Conduct; 29 Eligible in Total
  • Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools
©Copyright 2026 The Bengaluru Live All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.