Co-WIN glitches and vaccine hesitancy subdue numbers
Manipal Hospital leads with 147 vaccinations, while Mahadevapura and Dasarahalli zones report nil vaccinations
Even as Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday smilingly kickstarted the Covid-19 nationwide vaccination phase for the 60-plus and 45-plus (with comorbidities) age groups, the numbers were muted in Bengaluru as a result of glitches in the online link https://www.cowin.gov.in/home that created hurdles for both candidates and vaccinators.
As a result, from around 12 noon till evening, a relatively modest number of around 938 people were vaccinated in the city’s hospitals, including government and private hospitals.
The zonal-level data released by BBMP Commissioner N Manjunatha Prasad shows that East zone reported the highest number of 287 vaccinations, while West zone was at second place with 248 vaccinations and the tech corridor of Mahadevapura zone and Dasarahalli zone reported nil vaccinations.
Among hospitals, both private and government, Manipal Hospital led with 147 people getting vaccinated, while the figures were 128 at KC General Hospital and 80 at Aster CMI Hospital in Yelahanka zone.
Glitches and grouses
• Vaccinator Module login not possible.
• In the Vaccinator Module, list of beneficiaries not visible.
• Disappearing from Admin Portal.
• Unable to mark beneficiaries as vaccinated.
• Unable to log in to the vaccinator module and timings scheduled for sessions were completely messy.
• Unable to tag already registered vaccinators (supervisor vaccinator) to the present site as vaccinator.
• Add vials option: Even after updating sufficient vials, unable to create a session site.
• Searching for a session site in 60+ sheets (per sheet contains 50 sessions) is difficult.
• Even after adding a new vaccinator, it is not reflecting in the portal.
• Scheduling session: Vaccinator’s name is not reflecting as in previous Co-WIN portal. (Will be helpful to identify particular vaccinator in the session).
• Already registered beneficiary names are not reflecting.
• If names are reflected, unable to validate them with the same registered phone number.