Debarred from weddings: Seniors above 65, pregnant women, children below 10
As the country enters Lockdown 4.0 with possibly more relaxations in the rules, the Karnataka government has issued new guidelines with respect to marriages.
Importantly, more than 50 persons, seniors over 65 years, pregnant women and children below 10 are not permitted to attend such functions. The necessary permission from the local authorities is a must, and all guests should download the Centre’s Aarogya Setu app on their phones.
The following is the list of do’s and don’ts issued by the state health and family welfare department:
1. Prior permission and travel passes shall be obtained from the local authorities.
2. The event shall allow a maximum number of guests of 50.
3. The event shall be conducted in a suitable public place with good natural ventilation (no air-conditioning).
4. Persons from containment zones shall not be allowed to attend.
5. Persons more than 65 years, pregnant women and children below 10 years are not permitted to attend the event.
6. Sanitizers at the entry and at appropriate places shall be provided.
7. Thermal screening of all persons shall be conducted at the entry to the venue. The scanner should be held around 15 cm away from the person’s forehead.
8. Anyone with a fever (37.5 degree C or 99.5 F), cold, cough, difficulty in breathing shall not be permitted to attend and must immediately seek medical advice.
9. All persons shall wear face masks.
10. All persons shall maintain physical distance of more than 1 metre.
11. Hand washing with soap and water at washrooms shall be provided.
12. Consumption of liquor, paan, gutkha, tobacco, etc is not allowed.
13. The venue shall be maintained in a clean and hygienic manner.
14. Spitting in public places is prohibited.
15. A nodal person shall be identified for overseeing the arrangements and coordination at the venue.
16. A list of attenders of the marriage with contact details has to be maintained.
17. All guests should have downloaded the Aarogya Setu app from Google Playstore.