Other decisions: Toll gates to expedite passage; nitrogen & argon tankers to carry oxygen
Following the Chamarajanagar district hospital incident which is said to have claimed many lives due to a shortage of oxygen, Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa has decided to allow a green corridor for oxygen tankers across the state.
The decision was taken on Monday evening at a meeting attended by oxygen manufacturers and suppliers at the CM’s residence. Chief Secretary P Ravi Kumar was among those present.
Highlights of the meeting:
- To ensure the supply of allocated quantities of oxygen to the state by the Government of India.
- To reduce the time taken to refill oxygen tankers.
- To provide a green corridor for faster commuting of oxygen tankers.
- To direct toll gates to avoid unnecessary delays.
- To convert nitrogen and argon tankers for supplying oxygen.
- To utilise the services of LPG tanker drivers in case of an emergency.
- Oxygen manufacturers and suppliers were directed to resolve issues by approaching the officer concerned directly so as to ensure uninterrupted supply of oxygen.
- To make optimum utilisation of available oxygen tankers.