Skip to content
The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

The Bengaluru Live | Bengaluru News, Breaking Updates

Bengaluru’s Leading News Portal

bmc-ad
Primary Menu
  • HOME
  • Bengaluru
  • Karnataka
  • POLITICS
  • CRIME
  • Delhi
  • Kannada News
  • Hindi News
  • MORE NEWS
    • Supreme Court
    • CITY UPDATES
    • PM
    • SPORTS
    • STATE
    • EDUCATION
    • ENTERTAINMENT
    • HEALTH
    • Real Estate
    • SPORTS
    • CORONA
    • MOBILITY/TRANSPORT
    • Horoscope
  • Home
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Delhi HC orders Rajdeep Sardesai to delete Shazia Ilmi’s video from X
  • CITY UPDATES
  • STATE

Delhi HC orders Rajdeep Sardesai to delete Shazia Ilmi’s video from X

13 August 2024 5 minutes read
0
Delhi HC orders Rajdeep Sardesai to delete Shazia Ilmi’s video from X

Delhi HC orders Rajdeep Sardesai to delete Shazia Ilmi’s video from X

📘 Read this story in Kannada

New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday ordered India Today Counsulting Editor Rajdeep Sardesai to take down the video he uploaded on X (Twitter) accusing BJP leader and spokesperson Shazia Ilmi of “abusing” an India Today video journalist.

The court also ordered blocking  of the video on the social media platforms in 24 hours.

Last week, Ilmi sued journalist Sardesai for defamation over a video uploaded by him alleging Ilmi of “abusing” a India Today video journalist.

Pronounging the order after a brief hearing, a single judge bench of Justice Manmeet Pritam Singh Arora said, “This court hs heard arguments in part. Counsel for D1 (Sardesai) and D2 (India Today) seeks time to obtain instructions. 

“In the interregnum, the counsel says India Today has not uploaded the video. He states that the video has only been uploaded by Sardesai. 

“In the interregnum, in view of the request for adjournment made by the counsel, Sardesai is directed to take down the video uploaded on his social media post until the disposal of this application [Interim Relief Application].

“Reply to be filed by defendants within two days with advance service to the plaintiff. Both are directed to place on record the transcript of the video no 3.

“The aforesaid directions for take down of the video has been necessitated as the counsel for D2 [India Today] states that the custody of the video is with D2 and the consel is unable to state if the use of the video by D1 [Sardesai] was authorised by D2 or not.

“This court is also of the opinion that since the video was recorded after the plaintiff [Ilmi] had removed herself from the show, the happening of the events was entered a matter between the plaintiff and D12 (Cameraperson) and also the issue of the privacy of the plaintiff is a matter which the court would like to hear D1, D2 and D12’s submissions.”

The matter will be heard next on August 16.

The matter relates to a debate show on India Today Television where Ilmi’s audio was muted and the BJP leader left the show in the protest. 

Immediately after the show on July 26, 2024, Ilmi in a post on X tagged Sardesai, India Today and Aaj Tak and said, “Don’t you ever bring down my Fader again. Remember I have been on both the sides and know how to handle bullies like you. BTW it doesn’t behove political propagandists masquerading as journalists to sermonise. And learn your facts before pitting one Ex Army Chief against all other Defence Chiefs simply to create mischief.”

@sardesairajdeep @IndiaToday @aajtak

Don’t you ever bring down my Fader again.

Remember I have been on both the sides and know how to handle bullies like you.

BTW it doesn’t behove political propagandists masquerading as journalists to sermonise.

And learn your facts…

— Shazia Ilmi (@shaziailmi) July 26, 2024

Responding to Ilmi’s post, Sardesai released a video of Ilmi removing her mic and then asking the cameraperson to get out of her house. 

Sardesai wrote, “Ma’am, @shaziailmi I respect all my guests always. If anything, I am too indulgent: the fader is lowered only to avoid cross talk and noise on the show. If you have a grouse with me or with an army general on the show, of course that’s your prerogative. And I respect that too. But for you to chuck the Mike and abuse our video journalist and throw him out of your house is just NOT done. He was only doing his job. No excuse for bad behaviour. The rest I leave to you. Have a good weekend 🙏 (the video below is from last night.. )(sic).”

Ma’am, @shaziailmi I respect all my guests always. If anything, I am too indulgent: the fader is lowered only to avoid cross talk and noise on the show. If you have a grouse with me or with an army general on the show, of course that’s your prerogative. And I respect that too.… https://t.co/43atjurw75 pic.twitter.com/VjfmrrGWsz

— Rajdeep Sardesai (@sardesairajdeep) July 27, 2024

Ilmi called the video evidence showing the cameraman’s behaviour after the show.

@sardesairajdeep@IndiaToday

Thanks for providing me with the EVIDENCE which clearly shows how your camera man behaved after the show

1. Why on earth would I stay on your show when you humiliate me and say CUT SHAZIA’s Mike off ? Only because I asked you whether you think all…

— Shazia Ilmi (@shaziailmi) July 27, 2024

BJP IT cell head and national spokesperson Amit Malviya attacked Sardesai for sharing the ‘objectionable’ video publicly and said that the pervert must be called out for violating @shaziailmi’s privacy and bodily integrity.

To continue shooting a guest after the show is over or he/she has withdrawn consent to be part of it, is gross violation of the contract. Besides, for Rajdeep Sardesai to put out the video, while the lady is unwiring, is nothing short of sexual assault. The pervert must be called… https://t.co/Bs9Cb9j43k

— Amit Malviya (@amitmalviya) July 27, 2024

About the Author

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: Rathi Steel and Power net profit grows to Rs 2.7 crore in Q1
Next: Students in Amravati celebrate World Elephant Day with cake for tuskers

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Stories

Karnataka to Prepare Coastal-Malnad Tourism Policy Draft by September 7: K.J. George
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Government

Karnataka to Prepare Coastal-Malnad Tourism Policy Draft by September 7: K.J. George

The Bengaluru Live 21 August 2026
Udupi Food Safety Officials Seize 10,890 Kg Bananas Allegedly Ripened Using Chemicals, Stock Worth ₹8.71 Lakh
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Udupi Food Safety Officials Seize 10,890 Kg Bananas Allegedly Ripened Using Chemicals, Stock Worth ₹8.71 Lakh

The Bengaluru Live 20 August 2026
  • CRIME
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • HEALTH

Karnataka Forms SIT to Probe Bidadi Drug Repacking Case, Related Cases Across State

The Bengaluru Live 20 August 2026

Latest Post

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages

21 August 2026
Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • POLITICS

Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar

21 August 2026
Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools

21 August 2026
Congress Stages Protest at Vidhana Soudha, Accuses BJP of Disrupting Karnataka Legislature Proceedings Congress Stages Protest at Vidhana Soudha, Accuses BJP of Disrupting Karnataka Legislature Proceedings
  • POLITICS

Congress Stages Protest at Vidhana Soudha, Accuses BJP of Disrupting Karnataka Legislature Proceedings

21 August 2026
Karnataka to Prepare Coastal-Malnad Tourism Policy Draft by September 7: K.J. George Karnataka to Prepare Coastal-Malnad Tourism Policy Draft by September 7: K.J. George
  • Bengaluru
  • CITY UPDATES
  • Government

Karnataka to Prepare Coastal-Malnad Tourism Policy Draft by September 7: K.J. George

21 August 2026
Karnataka, ADB Sign ₹1,750 Crore Funding Agreement to Develop 500 Government Schools as KPS by 2029-30 Karnataka, ADB Sign ₹1,750 Crore Funding Agreement to Develop 500 Government Schools as KPS by 2029-30
  • EDUCATION
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka, ADB Sign ₹1,750 Crore Funding Agreement to Develop 500 Government Schools as KPS by 2029-30

21 August 2026

You may have missed

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages

Satya Prakash Chaubey 21 August 2026
Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • POLITICS

Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar

The Bengaluru Live 21 August 2026
Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools
  • Government
  • Bengaluru

Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools

The Bengaluru Live 21 August 2026
Congress Stages Protest at Vidhana Soudha, Accuses BJP of Disrupting Karnataka Legislature Proceedings
  • POLITICS

Congress Stages Protest at Vidhana Soudha, Accuses BJP of Disrupting Karnataka Legislature Proceedings

The Bengaluru Live 21 August 2026

About us

The Bengaluru Live is one of the local digital media house which is publishing news in English and in Kannada language. We are also one of the largest local news providers on the internet through our news websites.

Useful Links

  • Advertise with us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy

Recent News

  • Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar Seeks Chartered Accountants’ Advice to Boost State Revenue, Plug Leakages
  • Give Notice, Debate Nagendra Issue in House Instead of Simply Demanding Resignation: Karnataka CM D K Shivakumar
  • Karnataka Launches KEO AI PC, Plans Initial Deployment of 1,000 Devices in Government Schools
  • Congress Stages Protest at Vidhana Soudha, Accuses BJP of Disrupting Karnataka Legislature Proceedings
©Copyright 2026 The Bengaluru Live All rights reserved. | MoreNews by AF themes.