- PM Thanks Frontline Fighters | Prime Minister Narendra Modi acknowleges the trouble being faced by people. In our constitution, ‘We the People’ is written, and this fight is what it signifies, he says. Remembering B R Ambedkar, says it a remembrance to his anniversary.
- Lockdown Extension– the nationwide lockdown to control the spread of coronavirus will be extended till May 3 as India can’t allow the virus to spread any further.
- Till 20 April, Harsh Steps to be Taken | Prime Minister said that till April 20, harsh steps will be taken to curtail the spread of coronavirus in the country. Hotspots will be carefully surveilled.
- Lockdown Relaxation With Conditions | Prime Minister Narendra Modi says that whatever relaxations granted during the lockdown to some areas will be upon conditions. Even if one such case is reported, the relaxations will be taken back.
- PM said that rules will be eased for areas where the lockdown is implemented properly and fewer new cases are registered till April 20.
- Guidelines to be issued tomorrow : PM said the government will release a detailed plan for the lockdown tomorrow.
- PM Modi Praises States | Prime Minister Narendra Modi has praised the states for their timely efforts. Health Infrastructure Has Improved by leaps and Bounds
- ‘Give Me Your Help With Seven Steps’ | PM Modi underlines 7 steps to be followed.
1) Take proper care of the senior citizens of your house, especially those with underlying problems.
2) Lockdown and social distancing should be properly followed. Home-made face covers and masks should be used.
3) Increase your immunity by following directions given by Ayush Ministry.
4) To help curb coronavirus spread, download Aarogya Setu application.
5) Wherever possible, help poor families.
6) In your businesses, help your coworkers, don’t downsize people.
7) Coronavirus ‘soldiers’ — doctors, nurses, sanitation workers — respect them.